An Alchemists Retreat:
Yoga + Creative Practices
With Catherine Burke and
jackie sumell, aka Jacksun
June 11th-17th, 2018
During this retreat, housed at Santosha Yoga Retreat and Healing Centre in the sunflower decorated mountains of the French Pyrenees, we will explore heART opening practices on and off the mat. For 6-nights/ 7-days we will employ creative practices, learning how to integrate the imagination into our every day problem solving and human(e) existence.
This a retreat for creatives and non-creatives, for those of us who believe self-care is part of generative practice that includes art, movement, music, play, storytelling, journaling, humor and movement building. During this sweet retreat we will build a tool kit for personal alchemy that integrates the imagination and cherishes in our delightfully playful spirit. Also, good wine! Also, chocolate! Also, France!
7:30-8am: Morning meditation
8-9am: Silent breakfast
9-10:30am: Yoga practice
11-12:45pm: Creative practice
1-5pm: Lunch and free time/day trips
5:30-7pm: Yoga practice
8:30pm: Evening meditation/discussion
- 6 nights at Santosha Yoga Retreat and Healing Centre in spacious community-style rooms with breakfast
- 7 lunches and 7 dinners (vegan, with locally grown organic produce)
- 2 yoga/movement classes per day
- Daily meditation
- Sunset picnic dinner with an almost 360° breath-taking view of the surrounding valley and the Pyrenees Mountains.
- Guided local walks from the village
- Excursions to local attractions, such as Carcassonne, the largest medieval walled city in Europe
- Art supplies to inspire our creative practices
- Coffee and tea throughout the day
- Transportation to and from airport (can be arranged)
- Massage sessions with aromatherapy
- Optional cooking classes
Early Bird ($500 nonrefundable deposit by April 1) $1100
Regular Bird ($500 nonrefundable deposit made after March 1) $1350
Payments made in full by May 21
May All Birds Be Happy and Free!
Santosha Yoga Centre is in the small village of Conilhac de la Montagne in the department of Aude, in the region of Languedoc-Roussillon, France.
It is situated 45 minutes south of the medieval City of Carcassonne, 1 hr 45 min from Toulouse, approximately 1 hr 30 min from the Mediterranean sea, 2hrs from the Spanish border, and 4 hrs from Barcelona.
The closest airport is Carcassonne, reachable from within Europe via low cost airline Ryanair. From outside Europe, the nearest international airport is Toulouse. From either of these airports, high speed trains can bring you close to Santosha.
Sometimes cheaper flights can be found into Barcelona. We can help arrange transportation to Santosha Yoga Centre from any of these options.
For more information or to register, visit TheAlchemistsRetreat.com